Perfect Uniform is Required
We expect all students at Cockshut Hill School to comply with our uniform and dress requirements in accordance with our Standards plan (SOAR)
Clive Mark Schoolwear
2286 Coventry Road,
0121 722 2286
1160 Warwick Road,
0121 707 2033
Mansuri Schoolwear & Sportswear
754-756 Stratford Road,
0121 778 2787
Uniform can be purchased or obtained by other retailers including second-hand uniform swap shops. Uniform Grants are available please contact our main office.
Uniform & Standard Guidance
All students are expected to bring the following equipment in a pencil case to each lesson.
- Scientific calculator
- Pencil sharpener
- Student planner
- Reading book
- School bag A4 size to house all equipment & workbooks
- Pens (Green, Black, Whiteboard, Highlighter)
Uniform at Cockshut Hill School
- Black blazer with school badge embroidered on.
- Plain white collared shirt.
- School tie.
- Black school trousers of a professional style. Loose, not fitted, drainpipe or turn up and of a suitable material (not denim, lycra, corduroy, jeans or chinos). Students who wear trousers must not have their lower leg or ankles exposed.
- Skirt; black, knee length, box pleated from the waistband. The skirt must be knee length, if the skirt does not reach the knee then the student will need to purchase trousers.
- Formal, black shoes with plain black socks. Please see additional footwear guidance. NO TRAINERS or SPORTS BRANDS. Shoes must be of a solid, robust and traditional style. Shoes need to be suitable for a formal environment like an office or an interview. See examples in this booklet. Polishable trainers, trainer style shoes, sport branded shoes, boots and canvas shoes will not be allowed.
- Neutral/Black tights only or plain black ankle socks, not long socks pushed down.
School Berry Red ‘V’ neck jumper
Plain/dark outdoor coat, no fur, denim, leather look, hoodies, body warmers, sweatshirts or other leisure type garments are not allowed.
Religious headwear such as hijabs, headscarves and turbans should be plain and black in colour.
Black and plain in design and no more that 1cm wide.
No item should pose a health and safety risk. A watch and a single small round, plain gold or silver stud type earing, not diamante, or pearl to be worn in each ear lobe only. Rings, bracelets, hooped earrings and other visible loose-fitting items are not allowed. No other visible body piercing studs (not even covered by tape). Nose rings and tongue piercings are not allowed – clear spacers are NOT allowed.
All of the below are examples of permitted shoes for the 2023/24 academic year. Other appropriate styles are available.
All shoes MUST be plain black, polishable leather/leather effect
Air bubbles • Colourful tabs/labels/branding • Material/fabric/mesh/suede upper • Coloured trim/soles/outlines of branding • Boots • High heels • Running trainers
Donation of School Uniform
Parents and carers, if your child has outgrown any items of uniform, we would be very grateful if you could donate them to school so we can support other families. We’d be particularly grateful for blazers, ties, skirts and PE kit. Please drop these items into Reception if you can spare them. Thank you for your support.